Are these the best mixing headphones? Well let’s find out…Yesterday I finally got a chance to check out the most talked about studio headphones on the market, the audio technica ath-m50. These headphones have a really good resonating bass sound as well as vocal projection.
I have to agree that Audio Technica did a great job with the ATH-M50 professional studio monitor headphones. They feel natural and really easy on the ear without any pressure. These are the type of headphones you can use to listen to music for long hours without your ears getting tired fast.
Audio Technica are well known for manufacturing great products and they did a great job with the ath-m50 mixing headphones. This pair of headphones has a really good bass and great mid-range response. The high frequency is also crisp but I was no totally impressed with it but it’s not bad either.
These headphones are really lightweight and the ear cups are made with a comfortable cushion material. Here are the audio technica ath-m50 features as well as technical details.
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Product Features
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with neodymium magnet systems
- Adjustable padded headband for comfort during long mixing/recording sessions
- Available in white color with coiled cable (ATH-M50WH), black color with straight cable (ATH-M50s), and silver color with straight cable (Limited Edition ATH-M50s/LE)
- Exceptional audio quality for professional monitoring and mixing
- Closed-back cushioned earcup design creates an outstanding seal for maximum isolation
- Collapsible design ideal for easy portability and convenient storage
- Single-sided coiled cable terminates to gold-plated mini-plug with screw-on ¼” adapter
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Input impedance: 47kOhm
- Connector: Gold-plated stereo 1/8″ (3.5mm) connector with strain relief & professional screw-on 1/4″ (6.3mm) adapter
- Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Driver Diameter: 45mm
- Frequency Response: 15-28000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 99dB
- Maximum Input Power: 1,600mW at 1kHz
- Impedance: 38ohms
- Weight: 284 g (10 oz) without cable and connector
- Accessory Included: Protective pouch
- Cable: 1.2 – 3.0 m (3.9′ – 9.8′) Coiled, OFC litz wire
I know headphones can be expensive or confusing on which one to buy. With this blog post I want to help you get the best resources to get a good deal for the ath-m50 mixing headphones and most of all save you money.
This is a very popular product and one of the best selling studio headphones on eBay but for the best deals I recommend you get it from amazon because of their fast delivery and free shipping.
The ATH M50 is not the best headphone in the world but for the price range they are worth more than what is charged. The ath-m50 studio headphones are really good to use for gaming, music studio recording, movies and just for listening to music.
But they were designed for music producers to be able to do mixing using headphones or as reference monitors. After testing them yesterday I believe it is possible do proper audio mixing with these studio headphones.
But don’t take my word for it, look at what other people are saying about the audio technica ath-m50, you can find more than 3,384 customer reviews below…
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Mixing Headphone Review