This was a post I created back in 2015 because I was getting messages from people asking me if I know any good free VST Instruments and Effects. I’ve been wanting to update this post for a very long time, and now it has finally been updated.
I managed to make a list of the best free VST plugins in 2019 and some of them don’t even deserve to be free because they sound really good. I wouldn’t recommend you to download them all, instead choose the ones you know you really need.
If you would like me to add something I might have missed then simply leave a comment below, even if you have your own VST plugin just share it below in the comments section.
In the video below, I’ve selected 10 of my favorite plugins for mixing music.
Check out the video to hear how great they sound.
Most of these plugins will work on most reputable DAWs such as FL Studio, Ableton, Cubase, Logic etc. and they work on both PC as well as MAC (not all of them though).
Top 10 Free VST Plugins For Mixing Music
OK here’s a long list for you guys, enjoy and these should help you get better sounding mixes 🙂
To visit the download page simply click on the name of the free VST below.
100 Best Free VST Plugins
- Youlean Loudness Meter – Helps you find the true perceived loudness of your audio.
- Temper – Digital distortion plugin featuring a rich saturation stage and unique phase distortion.
- TDR Nova – A dynamic equalizer with parallel configuration. Precise tone control paired with powerful dynamics processing.
- TDR Kotelnikov – Wideband dynamic range controller stereo bus compressor.
- PanCake 2 – An auto-panning plugin with a precise display of left/right channels volume control.
- Saturation Knob – A modeled output distortion that can be used anywhere you need some grit.
- TAN – A versatile classic analog VCA-style compressor which offers a lot of sound shaping options.
- Grind Machine – A metal amp simulation plugin.
- BitterSweet – Audio transient shaping with a simple turn of a knob.
- Multiply – Versatile chorus effect with each simulated voice processed with a phase randomizing filter.
- Vocal Doubler – Designed to support your vocal with a natural doubling effect, adding rich tone and depth.
- Transpire – A transient processor to enhance or dampen the initial attack and the sustain (body) of sound.
- S.L.A.X – A retro compressor loosely inspired by the famous LA-2A.
- Leveling Tool – Tube Leveling Amplifier inspired by the legends and carefully crafted to meet your compression needs.
- Thrillseeker XTC – A contemporary exciter build around a true parallel analog style equalizer design.
- Voxengo MSED – A professional audio encoder-decoder AAX, AudioUnit and VST plugin for mid-side processing.
- A1StereoControl – Expand or limit the STEREO WIDTH of your tracks using only one single knob.
- MAX 1 – compressor / limiter with “intelligent” and variable release time and ratio settings.
- Ozone Imager – Stereo imaging plug-in for your DAW or NLE.
- Vinyl – Simulate the dust, scratches, warp, and mechanical noise reminiscent of yesteryear with Vinyl.
- Blue Cat Audio – Freeware audio plug-ins gathered together in a single package.
- Snap Heap – This free bundle contains Snap Heap, a basic snapin host plugin, alongside 5 useful snapins.
- SSD5 – A free drum kit vst instrument from Steven Slate Drums.
- KOMPLETE Start – A curated selection of studio-quality instruments, effects, utilities, loops and samples.
- MT Power Drumkit – The full version of the VST/AU/AAX drum plugin.
- TX16Wx Sampler – Inspired and modeled after the best hardware samplers with all the ease and new exiting features of modern software.
- Ample Bass P Lite – Aiming to bring the Fender Precision Bass sound to your studio.
- Ample Guitar M Lite – Get the Martin D-41 Acoustic Guitar sound in your studio.
- Ample Cloudrum – A unique and relaxing Steel Tongue Drum with a range of 3 octaves.
- Density mkIII – Buss Compressor providing depth and dimension capabilities by Variety Of Sound.
- PPD Echobox – Delay VST effect by Minimal System Instruments
- MrTramp2 – Soulful Wurlitzer(TM) 200A Electric Piano by GSi
- MrRay73 – Rhodes Mark I emulation by GSi
- Drumatic 3 – Virtual-analogue drum synthesizer by e-phonic
- AREX 2011 – VSTi drum module based on a hardware drum machine from the early 80’s by Bayan
- ReaXcomp – Multi band compressor by Cockos
- Tune – Free plugin for frequency ear training by earPlugins
- S3O – free virtual organ instrument plug-in by Krakli
- Retro Delay – Flexible allround delay effect in VST format by E-Phonic
- TAL-DUB-III – vintage style delay effect by Togu Audio Line
- DCO-6 – Roland Juno-106 VST emulation by KVR Forum member mztk
- TAL-Tube – Saturation plugin that have the characteristic of tubes and an additional amplifier mode by Togu Audio Line
- Tube Amp – AU and VST plugin that applies asymmetric tube triode overdrive usually found in single-tube microphone pre-amp boxes by Voxengo
- Ambience – reverb that rivals the quality of the best commercial reverbs by Magnus of Smartelectronix
- epicVerb – Tight small room and ambience effect simulation up to large “epic” hall. Great reverb by Variety Of Sound
- Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series – Great mixing and mastering tools by Kjaerhus
- SupaPhaser – 3 to 23 stages phaser with feedback and enhanced stereo effect by Bram
- SPAN – real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional music and audio production applications by Voxengo
- MultiInspectorFree – 31 band spectral analyzer with multitrack functionality. It incorporates a standard third octave frequency analyzer by VertexDSP
- TAL-Filter-2 – host synced filter module with different filter types, panorama and volume modulation possibilities by Togu Audio Line
- LoudMax – Look-Ahead Brickwall Loudness Maximizer Plugin with a clean transparent sound by Thomas Mundt
- BuzMaxi3 – Brickwall Limiter or Transparent Level Maximizer for mastering, mixing, and recording by buzzroom
- MAutoPitch – automatic pitch correction plugin designed for vocals and other monophonic instruments by MeldaProduction
- TAL-NoiseMaker – improved version of TAL-Elek7ro and has a completely new synth engine and a lot of improvements in sound and usability by Togu Audio Line
- SQ8L – software model (VST) of Ensoniq’s classic 1980s
synth SQ80 by Siegfried Kullmann
- bx_solo – Stereo enhancement plugin with M/S function for recording, mixing and mastering by Brainworx
- R2R – Tape emulation plugin based on Nebula Core II Technology by CDSoundMaster
- dbVU – Free VU meter in VST plugin format
- dominion – Transient Shaper VST/AU Plugin by digitalfishphones
- Mercuriall Cab – Hiwatt Guitar Cabinet Emulation VST/AU Plugin by Vladimir Titov
- preFIX – Noise Gate VST/AU Plugins by Variety Of Sound
- Mono/Fury – software synthesizer plug-in for emulating the classic Korg Mono/Poly analog synthesizer of the early 1980s by full bucket music
- Phutura – virtual synthesizer inspired by 80’s hardware synth Alpha Juno by Phuturetone
- U-NO-60 – polyphonic virtual analogue synth with a unique filter sound. An original JUNO 60 is used as reference for the oscillators and filters by Togu Audio Line
- The deputy Mark II – Classic string machine and polyphonic synthesizer VST / AU Plugin by Full Bucket Music
- Piano One – Free piano VST plugin based on the Yamaha C7 concert grand piano by Sound Magic
- ThrillseekerLA – Freeware compressor VST plugin using stateful saturation concept by Variety Of Sound
- OldSkoolVerb – Algorithmic reverberation AU and VST plug-in for professional music production applications. by Voxengo
- Tyrell N6 – Virtual Synthesizer by U-He
- Wind Chimes – Wind Chimes Free VSTi Plugin by ToneCarver
- Charlatan – Virtual Analog Synthesizer Plugin by BlauKraut Engineering
- Twin Bass – A bass synthesizer with double filter architecture allowing to create rich mid-range bass textures by The Interruptor
- TX16Wx – Freeware sampler instrument in VSTi plugin by CWI Technology
- XaKT – Spectral synthesizer by Krakli Software
- Forbice – A stereo filtering module (Auto-Filter) with tools for audio cutting and mangling. Works on drumloops, voice, instrument recordings and audio samples. by Acrobatics Software
- MHorse – Compact mastering multi-effect unit by Terry West
- Clip Shifter – A free clipper and saturator effect by LVC-Audio
- AquesTone 2 – Freeware vocal synthesizer VSTi plugin by AQUEST
- Feedback Compressor II – Mixing and mastering RMS compressor by Tokyo Dawn
- AAMS (Auto Audio Mastering System) – Fully automatic mastering suite by Denis van der Velde
- Venom VB-303 – Abrilliant free Roland TB-303 emulation by antto
- Lisp – Freeware de-esser by Dustin Ralston aka Sleepy-Time DSP
- SIM3X – Virtual analogue synthesizer by Dominic Goold aka lazydog
- Alexis D-Four – Drum instrument based on Alesis D4 samples by Chokehold
- Kx-Polym-CSE – Virtual analogue modular synthesizer by KX77FREE
- MPT Deep House Synth – (Pay with a share!) virtual synthesizer ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor by Danny J Lewis
- Tunefish 4 – Virtual analogue synthesizer by Brain Control
- OBXD – Virtual instrument which emulates the legendary Oberheim OB-X released by 2DaT
- SlickHDR – Psychoaccoustic Dynamic Processor by Variety Of Sound
- Retro Boy – Lightweight freeware chiptune synthesizer by Sound-Base Audio
- SynthMaster Player Free – Lightweight preset based instrument by KV331 Audio
- Scratch it! – Virtual vinyl scratch and tape stop effect by Z3 Audiolabs
- Nabla – Emulation of the Korg Delta analogue string machine by Full Bucket Music
- N6 Paragraphic Equalizer – Zero latency, high precision equalizer effect by RAZ Audio
- SlickEQ – Mixing and mastering equalizer in VST/AU plugin format by Variety Of Sound
- Minimojo – Reaktor ensemble which emulates the legendary Minimoog analogue synthesizer released by ZooTooK
- VS Upright – Freeware piano virtual instrument by Versilian Studios
- Dexed – Yamaha DX7 inspired FM synthesizer in VSTi plugin format by Digital Suburban
- BIGROOMKIXSYNTH – Free big room kick drum synthesizer in VSTi format by Hinton & Fairchild
- MS Controller – Simple mid side processing utility by Raz Audio
- Luftikus – Digital adaptation of an analog EQ with fixed half-octave bands and additional high frequency boost by KVR Forum member lkjb
- Zebralette – Virtual analogue synthesizer by U-he
- Delay Studio KVR12 – Powerful and massively creative multiband delay plugin by Minimal System Instruments
- PTEq-1a – Digital emulation of a famous Vintage Program Equalizer by Ignite Amps
- Synth1 – Free virtual analogue instruments based on Clavia’s Nord Lead 2 hardware by Ichiro Toda
- UVI Workstation – Multi-timbral instrument by UVI
4 thoughts on “Top 100 Free VST Plugins You Should Grab In 2019”
It seems some of the free downloads require an activation key…
Dominion , es un excelente plugin para dar un ” color ” análogo a las grabaciones digitales ; sobre todo a la música de los ańos 50,60,70 mal digitalizadas por las compañías .
I’d avoid the Kjaerhaus plugins on ethical grounds.
Comments are closed.